With the New Year been and gone, it is time to herald in a new wave of games set for release in 2019. Nintendo of Europe have just dropped their latest Indie Highlights video, showcasing a bunch of exciting Indie titles heading to the Switch. Enjoy the video Toast Fans, and if you want some more info, check out the Indie Highlights Hub.
Now, if you don’t have time to watch a fancy video, then I have provided a super swanky rundown of what you can expect to see in the coming year.
- Use the hand you’ve been dealt to triumph over evil, in SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech from Image & Form Games and Thunderful Publishing. In this innovative roleplaying card game, you’ll lead a party of heroes through a beautifully hand-drawn world, building your own deck of cards along the way and using them to defeat an array of enemies in intense turn-based battles. The game mixes traditional fantasy elements with steampunk robots for an unforgettable experience filled with fun and humour. SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech is coming first to Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Magic, mythology and madcap kung fu action combine in Unruly Heroes from Magic Design Studios, available now on Nintendo Switch. This action-packed adventure game is inspired by the Chinese story “A Journey to the West”, better known as the Monkey King Legend. Terrible creatures are sowing chaos throughout the land and it’s up to the Monkey King and his three colourful companions to turn back the tide of evil. Tackle the adventure solo, or with friends in up to 4-player local co-op. You can even test your kung fu skills against other players in local or online P-v-P mode.
- Have you ever dreamed of being a goat? Well, look no further than Goat Simulator: The GOATY from Coffee Stain Publishing. The wildly successful indie phenomenon is available now on Nintendo Switch. This is the cutting edge of goat simulation technology, and the Goat Simulator: The GOATY package includes Goat Simulator plus Goat MMO Simulator, Goat Simulator: GoatZ, Goat Simulator: Payday and Goat Simulator: Waste of Space.
- When Ski Lifts Go Wrong from Curve Digital is a deliriously fun physics-based construction puzzler, packed full of creative challenges, sports and disasters! Start in the rolling foothills and journey up to the jagged peaks. Puzzle over carefully designed scenarios to help every passenger reach their destination. With more than 100 challenging, pre-constructed levels and a sandbox builder mode for players to create their own, there are hours and hours of fun to be had on the slopes. When Ski Lifts Go Wrong is available now on Nintendo Switch.
- Take to the battlefield in Wargroove, a turn-based strategy game from Chucklefish. Choose from a large cast of different commanders, each with their own special “groove” attack that can be used to sway the battle in your favour. The game features a full story campaign as well as online* and local multiplayer for up to four players. The war doesn’t end there though, as easy-to-use editors and customisation tools allow you to create and share your own maps and campaigns. Wargroove marches on to Nintendo Switch on 1st February, and is available to pre-order on Nintendo eShop now.
- HEAVY METAL! ZOMBIES! BIG GUNS! Double Kick Heroes by Headbang Club and Plug In Digital mixes the shoot ‘em up and rhythm game genres for a high-octane experience unlike anything you’ve played before. Speed through a post-apocalyptic wasteland on the highway to hell, with the power of bone-crushing heavy metal rhythms as your only weapon against the zombie hordes. Featuring more than 30 original metal songs, plus tracks from guest bands such as GOJIRA, Double Kick Heroes will be coming first to Nintendo Switch in summer 2019.
- Inmost is a ghoulishly atmospheric puzzle-platformer from Chucklefish in which you follow three different playable characters across one dark, interconnected story. In an old, abandoned castle, rendered in beautiful pixel-art style, you’ll need brains and bravery in equal measure to escape from the shadowy evil lurking in the depths. Inmost comes first to Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Dive into a massive sci-fi adventure in CrossCode, the retro-inspired 2D action RPG from Deck 13 Interactive and Radical Fish Games. Combining 16 bit-style graphics with smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system and engaging puzzle mechanics, CrossCode launches on Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Forager from Humble Bundle is a 2D open-world game in which you can build your future as you see fit. Combining exploration, combat, farming and crafting, Forager allows you to try out a variety of different playstyles as you start small then gradually expand your territory, your skillset and your network of friends – and enemies. Forager is coming soon to Nintendo Switch.
The presentation also included a handy-dandy highlights reel recapping the plethora of awesome Indie titles already gracing the eShop. Feel free to check out that video down below. You never know, you might even find something you missed last year!
Source – Nintendo PR